Thursday, March 21, 2013

Modernista swap sewing

I finally got brave (or crazy:) enough to join the "big" girls in the Modernista Swap on Flickr!! I have long admired all the gorgeous pillows these ladies create & decided it was the right time to join in on the fun! Do you think this will be the start of more bigger swaps? ;) I do love a good swap, so fingers crossed I get a good response in this one!

My partner requested a mini quilt for her living room so that is what I've been sewing in my spare time the last few weeks. I finally got the binding stitched on this weekend & can fully reveal it!!!!

I started with a low volume patchwork background & then ironed on & machine stitched & embroidered leaves in purple & yellow prints. The stem is this fabulous yellow twill measuring tape! I am so very happy with how it turned out & am hoping my partner loves it as much as I do!!! :)
 

















Happy sewing!!!! xKaren

4 comments:

  1. Great job, Karen! I'm sure your partner will be thrilled to get this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the low volume background! This is really cute. I would love to have one like this hanging in my sewing room. Your partner is going to be very happy. I'm getting some of that twill tape!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks really so nice! I am sure, that your swap partner is happy too :) Really nice result! J.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day, so please leave me one!!:)