Saturday, March 3, 2012

Whirling spring mini

The last month, I've been following along over at Ellison Lane Quilts & the modern mini quilt challenge! There have been alot of beautiful mini quilts & just yesterday when the linky opened up to add your own modern mini, I got this brainy idea to stitch up a quilt from an idea I had floating around in my head!! I sewed a bit yesterday & then today my hubby watched my girls for me while I stitched like a crazy  woman on a mission!!!


With out further ado, I present to you my, "whirling spring modern mini"!




So what do you think?? This is the first mini that I've made for me & I think I'm in love!! It just screams "spring" to me & I am so ready for warmer days to arrive! 
Some stats: pinwheels are 4" blocks, fabrics are from my various favorite designers, 21/2" white sashing, machine quilted & handbound in a yellow nicey jane print. The finished quilt measures 16" square. 


I am linking up to Ellison Lane Quilts modern mini challenge contest!! 




And with Megan & {Sew} Modern Monday! 

5 comments:

  1. I love your mini! It's such a happy little quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful, Karen!! I love HSTs and pinwheels. So cute! Off to check out the challenge; I have an almost finished mini that I might be motivated to quickly finish. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love the pinwheels, and your free motion quilting is great.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day, so please leave me one!!:)